General Workshop & Registration Information
How do I register for a workshop?
Can I register onsite at a workshop?
We are able to accept onsite registrations on a limited basis at our workshops. If you would like to register onsite we suggest that you call us the day before at 301-539-9355 to make sure there is still space. If a workshop has limited openings available we cannot guarantee that onsite registration will be available.
How do I know if a workshop has openings?
Please visit our workshop registration page – if the workshop you wish to register for is available for registration this means there are available spaces in the course. But DON’T WAIT TO REGISTER! Our workshops can often fill up quickly and without warning, so don’t miss out!
If a workshop is nearly full we will often post a warning on the workshop information page stating that the workshop is almost full.
Where are your workshops located?
Our workshops take place live in-person at various locations throughout Howard County, Montgomery County, Anne Arundel County, and Prince George’s County in Maryland. To find a workshop location just view the workshop details/information page and click on the location information provided.
How do I use a coupon code?
Enter your coupon code during online registration in the area below workshop selection where it says “Enter Coupon”. Then hit “Apply” and you should see your discount reflected above in the workshops prices.
If your coupon code does not seem to be working it may be expired or it may not be valid for the workshop you have selected. If you are still having problems using your coupon code you can email us at email@example.com and a staff member will be in touch with you in one business day to provide you assistance.
How can I register a group and pay for the whole group together?
You can use our group registration form and register your group of 3 or more together. You may need to break up groups of more than five into two groups and register the groups separately (e.g., for a group of 7 register 3 people and then 4 people).
For very large groups please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-539-9355 and our staff can help streamline the group registration process.
How can I register a group but have each person pay separately?
We can create a group coupon code for each group member to use when they register individually online. This will provide them with the group discount but allow each person to pay individually.
To request a group coupon code just send us an email at email@example.com or submit a contact form and let us know which workshop you would like the group coupon code for as well as how many group members you are expecting (you must have three people in your group to receive the discount).
How do I know if my registration went through?
Online or by phone:
If you registered online or by phone you will receive an email confirmation almost immediately. If you have not received a confirmation within one to two hours after registering please call 301-539-9355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and email address to check if your registration was processed.
Our staff will respond to your inquiry within one business day and work with you to make sure your registration is processed and your spot is saved in your desired workshop.
If you registered by mail please send us an email at email@example.com after you have mailed your form and payment so we can add your name to the roster. We will send you an email and PDF receipt you once your form and payment have been received. You can also call us at 301-539-9355 to let us know that your form has been mailed.
CEU Credit Information
What type of CEU credits will I receive?
You will receive Maryland Social Work Category I CEU Credits and DC Social Work Credits when you attend one of our workshops.
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits (Category 1 CEUs) for licensed social workers in Maryland. MD CEU Institute has also received written approval from the DC Board of Social Work for all workshops. These credits are accepted for most other mental health professionals in the region. Please see below for detailed information about Social Work credit acceptance for other mental health professionals.
**Anyone who is not present for more than 30 minutes of any workshop will have credits deducted from their CEU certificate.**
Please note: There is no additional charge for these CEU Credits – the cost is already included in the registration fee.
Which boards accept your CEU credits?
We provide Maryland and DC Social Work CEU credits. These credits are accepted by many other states and licensing boards:
- Maryland Board of Professional Counselors – Category A
- Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners – Category I
- Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- Maryland Board for the Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals (CRCCPA)
- Virginia Board of Social Work
- Washington, DC Board of Social Work
- West Virginia Board of Social Work
- New Jersey Board of Social Work
- Alabama Board of Social Work
- Many other boards accept CEU credits that have been approved/authorized by other state licensing boards.
Don’t see your licensure listed here? Contact your licensing board and ask if they accept Maryland or DC Social Work approved credits. Many states automatically accept credits approved by another state licensing board.
When and how will I receive my CEU credits?
We distribute paper certificates at the conclusion of each in-person workshop. For our online trainings we will send your PDF certificate by email within one week after the training. The certificate will have your name printed on it as well as the workshop and credit information.
Cancellation, Refunds, and Other Policies
How can I cancel my registration?
Please complete our contact form on our Contact page. This form will walk you through the cancellation information we need and inform you of our cancellation policy.
Please allow two business days (M-F, not including holidays) after submitting your request to receive a confirmation from our customer service team. We require all refund requests to be submitted in writing.
What is your refund and cancellation policy?
Our refund and cancellations policies as of 4/1/2020 are as follows:
|DAYS FROM WORKSHOP||REFUND OR CREDIT AMOUNT|
Full credit towards future training
Administrative Fee As Follows:
Half day and full days workshops:
Full credit towards future training
Administrative Fee As Follows:
||NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS|
**In the event of an accidental duplicate registration we can provide a partial refund minus the following processing fees:
Administrative Fee As Follows:
- $5 for half day – 2, 3 & 4 CEU Credit Workshops
- $8 for full day 6 CEU Workshops
- $15 for 2 day CEU Workshops
General policies, procedures, and terms of service:
Visit our Terms of Service page for our full policies and procedures.
General Workshop Information
- MD CEU Institute reserves the right to change workshop locations or rooms. In the event that a location is changed, participants will be notified via email or phone no later than one week prior to the scheduled date of the workshop.
- MD CEU Institute also reserves the right to change the workshop location, including changing workshops to an online format due to any unforeseen emergency situations, such as a power outage at the original workshop location, weather emergencies, health emergencies, or any other emergency circumstance. Participants will be notified of any change as soon as possible.
- Instructors and/or workshop coordinators reserve the right to dismiss participants who are disruptive, disrespectful, or otherwise unruly during a workshop. Under these circumstances, NO REFUND will be provided. The participant’s CEU Certificate will be adjusted to reflect the number of credit hours that they attended for.
- MD CEU Institute reserves the right to cancel workshops that are undersubscribed. Registrants will be notified no later than one week prior to the cancelled training. Registrants of workshops cancelled by MD CEU Institute can request either a full refund or a course credit to be used within 6 months from the date of issue.
- In the event of a weather-related emergency or other exigent circumstance (e.g., building power outage), Maryland CEU Institute reserves to right to change the workshop location and/or reschedule the workshop. – – – Registrants will be notified by email immediately of any such changes.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Maryland CEU Institute issues Maryland Social Work Category I Continuing Education Credits and DC Social Work Credits for all workshops. Please visit the top of our FAQ page for information about these credits and which boards accept these credits.
- Participants are expected to arrive on time to CEU workshops to receive full credit and so as not to disturb the instructor or others attending the workshop.
- While we understand emergencies do occur, CEU certificates will be adjusted for any attendee who is more than 15 minutes late or who leaves more than 15 minutes early.
Refunds and credits:
Please see our cancellation information on our FAQs page for additional information.
- Refunds will be processed via the same payment method that the registrant used to originally register for the training (i.e., a credit card refund will be issued back to the original credit card used for payment, check for check payment). A check refund will be provided if a cash or money order payment has been made.
- Once a credit card refund has been processed by Maryland CEU Institute, it typically take 5 to 10 business days for the refund to appear back on the customer’s credit card.
- The processing of check refunds may take up to two weeks from the time that the refund is requested.
- Customers who receive a financial credit towards a future training may apply 100% of that credit towards another workshop and must use that financial credit within 6 months from the date it was issued.
- Workshop credits are valid towards future workshops at Maryland CEU Institute but cannot be converted to a refund once a credit has been elected.
- Should a monetary credit towards a future training go unused by the stated expiration date (6 months from date of issue), the monetary credit is forfeited by the customer.
If a grievance concerns the workshop or seminar topic, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop/seminar was offered, the Maryland CEU Institute Directors will mediate the situation in an attempt to provide a suitable solution to the problem. If the participant requests a refund of fees, they will have the option of:
- Choosing a refund of the workshop/seminar fees and receiving no continuing education credit
- Accepting the continuing education credit for the workshop/seminar with no refund of fees and the grievance will be forwarded to our agency directors for further review..
ALL REFUND REQUESTS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE WORKSHOP.
ALL OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH DO NOT FALL UNDER THESE GUIDELINES ARE HANDLED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS AT THE LIBERTY OF MARYLAND CEU INSTITUTE/OPTIMAL LIFE SOLUTIONS, LLC.
By enrolling in a CEU workshop with the Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC, all registrants are agreeing to the above Terms of Service.
Inclement Weather Policy
Maryland CEU Institute will make a determination about holding a workshop or choosing to cancel or postpone based on whether the workshop venue will be open or closed for the day. Maryland CEU Institute, however, does reserve the right to make independent decisions regarding inclement weather. A determination may need to be made on the day of the workshop, however, all registered participants will be notified by email as soon as a decision has been made. We will also make every attempt to post this information on our website when a determination has been made.
If a workshop is rescheduled due to inclement weather, the registered participants have the option to attend the workshop on the new date, receive a credit for the amount paid towards a different workshop, or receive a full refund.
We will make every effort to keep registered participants aware of the decisions that have been made and in most circumstances will use email as the main form of communication. If you have registered for a workshop and have not received our email communications please check your spam folder and then call us at 301-539-9355.
Webinar Policies and FAQs
How do your webinars work? Are they live, real-time, and interactive?
Our online webinars are live, real-time and interactive – they are no pre-recorded and won’t be able to be viewed after the training timeframe. Currently we will be using Zoom as our webinar platform. More information about using Zoom and system requirements can be found below. Attending our webinars online should be treated just like attending an in-person training. We expect attendees to be sign-in, be present, and participate throughout the webinar. Please plan your schedule accordingly for the time and date of the webinar.
What CEU credits will I receive?
All webinar attendees who sign-in, stay throughout the presentation, participate, and complete an evaluation form will receive Category I Social Work CEUs (these CEUs are accepted for many other mental health professionals – please see “CEU Credit Information” for more details). These are the same credits you would receive if you attended one of our in-person trainings. We are able to offer these credits because our online webinars are live, real-time and interactive which fulfill the online training requirements set forth by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners.
How will I get my CEU credits at the end of the webinar?
You will receive your CEU certificate by email after the training. It may take up to a week after the training to receive your certificate. In order to decrease your wait time and ensure that you qualify to receive CEU credits you must sign in at the beginning of the training, stay on the webinar screen for the entire training, participate when asked to do so, and complete an evaluation at the end.
What if I am late to the webinar or leave before the end?
Attendance at webinars is treated just like attendance at in-person trainings – you must arrive no later than 15 minutes after the start of the training. If an attendee arrives late or leaves early, their certificate will be adjusted to reflect the time that was missed.
How do I use Zoom?
If you are not familiar with Zoom we suggest that you begin by visiting https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
Prior to the training you will receive a link for the training that you have registered for. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL WITH INFORMATION AND A LINK PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER AND THEN EMAIL US AT INFO@MARYLANDCEU.COM. The email has a unique meeting code to allow you to access the specific training that you have registered for. On the day of the training you can click on the link to launch Zoom. You can view and participate in the webinar using just your internet browser but for the best functionality and usage we suggest installing the Zoom desktop client.
To participate in webinars, you MUST have a device that allows you to view the presentation on screen and hear the webinar at all times. We do not allow participants to call-in from their phones or mobile devices and listen only. Participation in webinars is mandatory to receive CEU credits.
Do I need to have a camera and/or microphone to participate?
The main requirement to attend and receive credit is you must have a device where you can see and hear the presentation at all times.
No, you do not need a camera or microphone to participate in the webinar but some trainings may offer opportunities for additional interaction with other participants and the presenters by using your camera and microphone. This is not a requirement to receive credit for the training but rather an enhanced option that some attendees can take advantage of. No matter what, please be sure you have working speakers on the device you plan to use for the webinar.
Can I test out my equipment ahead of time on Zoom?
Please visit https://zoom.us/test
What if I am having a problem with Zoom?
If you are not already familiar with Zoom we suggest that you test your computer/system ahead of time to make sure you can see video and hear audio on your device. If you are still having problems you can visit the Zoom Help Center for common troubleshooting issues at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
During a webinar our staff may not be able to provide support over the phone so we ask that you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the problem you are experiencing and including screenshots of the issue where applicable.
Becoming a Presenter
How can I become a presenter for Maryland CEU Institute?
If you have an idea for a 3 or 6 hour workshop please submit your information on the message form on our Contact page and a staff member will be in touch with you if we are interested in moving forward with your training.
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355