General Workshop & Registration Information
How do I register for a workshop?
Can I register onsite at a workshop?
We are able to accept onsite registrations on a limited basis at our workshops. If you would like to register onsite we suggest that you call us the day before at 301-539-9355 to make sure there is still space. If a workshop has limited openings available we cannot guarantee that onsite registration will be available.
How do I know if a workshop has openings?
Please visit our workshop registration page – if the workshop you wish to register for is available for registration this means there are available spaces in the course. But DON’T WAIT TO REGISTER! Our workshops can often fill up quickly and without warning, so don’t miss out!
If a workshop is nearly full we will often post a warning on the workshop information page stating that the workshop is almost full.
Where are your workshops located?
Our workshops take place live in-person at various locations throughout Howard County, Montgomery County, Anne Arundel County, and Prince George’s County in Maryland. To find a workshop location just view the workshop details/information page and click on the location information provided.
How do I use a coupon code?
Enter your coupon code during online registration in the area below workshop selection where it says “Enter Coupon”. Then hit “Apply” and you should see your discount reflected above in the workshops prices.
If your coupon code does not seem to be working it may be expired or it may not be valid for the workshop you have selected. If you are still having problems using your coupon code you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will be in touch with you in one business day to provide you assistance.
How can I register a group and pay for the whole group together?
You can use our group registration form and register your group of 3 or more together. You may need to break up groups of more than five into two groups and register the groups separately (e.g., for a group of 7 register 3 people and then 4 people).
For very large groups please email email@example.com or call 301-539-9355 and our staff can help streamline the group registration process.
How can I register a group but have each person pay separately?
We can create a group coupon code for each group member to use when they register individually online. This will provide them with the group discount but allow each person to pay individually.
To request a group coupon code just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a contact form and let us know which workshop you would like the group coupon code for as well as how many group members you are expecting (you must have three people in your group to receive the discount).
How do I know if my registration went through?
Online or by phone:
If you registered online or by phone you will receive an email confirmation almost immediately. If you have not received a confirmation within one to two hours after registering please call 301-539-9355 or email email@example.com and provide your name and email address to check if your registration was processed.
Our staff will respond to your inquiry within one business day and work with you to make sure your registration is processed and your spot is saved in your desired workshop.
If you registered by mail please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have mailed your form and payment so we can add your name to the roster. We will send you an email and PDF receipt you once your form and payment have been received. You can also call us at 301-539-9355 to let us know that your form has been mailed.
CEU Credit Information
What type of CEU credits will I receive?
You will receive Maryland Social Work Category I CEU Credits and DC Social Work Credits when you attend one of our workshops.
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits (Category 1 CEUs) for licensed social workers in Maryland. MD CEU Institute has also received written approval from the DC Board of Social Work for all workshops. These credits are accepted for most other mental health professionals in the region. Please see below for detailed information about Social Work credit acceptance for other mental health professionals.
**Anyone who is not present for more than 30 minutes of any workshop will have credits deducted from their CEU certificate.**
Please note: There is no additional charge for these CEU Credits – the cost is already included in the registration fee.
Which boards accept your CEU credits?
Our credits are accepted by:
- Maryland Board of Professional Counselors – Category A
- Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners – Category I
- Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- Maryland Board for the Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals (CRCCPA)
- Virginia Board of Social Work
- Washington, DC Board of Social Work
- West Virginia Board of Social Work
You may also contact your licensing board to determine if they accept Maryland or DC Social Work Credits. Please contact us if you have questions about our CE credits.
When and how will I receive my CEU credits?
We distribute paper certificates at the conclusion of each workshop. The certificate will have your name printed on it as well as the workshop and credit information.
Cancellation and Other Policies
What is your cancellation policy?
Our refund and cancellations policies are as follows:
|DAYS FROM WORKSHOP||REFUND OR CREDIT AMOUNT|
||Full refund or credit towards a future workshop|
Half day and full days workshops:
Administrative Fee As Follows:
||NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS|
How can I cancel my registration?
- Full name of the person registered
- Workshop you are cancelling
- General reason for cancellation
- Whether you would prefer a refund or credit towards future workshop
Please allow one business day after submitting your request to receive a confirmation from our customer service team. We require all refund requests to be submitted in writing.
General policies, procedures, and terms of service:
Visit our Terms of Service page for our full policies and procedures.
General Workshop Information
- MD CEU Institute reserves the right to change workshop locations or rooms. In the event that a location is changed, participants will be notified via email or phone no later than one week prior to the scheduled date of the workshop.
- Instructors and/or workshop coordinators reserve the right to dismiss participants who are disruptive, disrespectful, or otherwise unruly during a workshop. Under these circumstances, NO REFUND will be provided. The participant’s CEU Certificate will be adjusted to reflect the number of credit hours that they attended for.
- MD CEU Institute reserves the right to cancel workshops that are undersubscribed. Registrants will be notified no later than one week prior to the cancelled training. Registrants of workshops cancelled by MD CEU Institute can request either a full refund or a course credit to be used within 6 months from the date of issue.
- In the event of a weather-related emergency or other exigent circumstance (e.g., building power outage), Maryland CEU Institute reserves to right to change the workshop location and/or reschedule the workshop. – – – Registrants will be notified by email immediately of any such changes.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Maryland CEU Institute issues Maryland Social Work Category I Continuing Education Credits and DC Social Work Credits for all workshops. Please visit the top of our FAQ page for information about these credits and which boards accept these credits.
- Participants are expected to arrive on time to CEU workshops to receive full credit and so as not to disturb the instructor or others attending the workshop.
- While we understand emergencies do occur, CEU certificates will be adjusted for any attendee who is more than 30 minutes late or who leaves more than 30 minutes early.
Refunds and credits:
Please see our cancellation information on our FAQs page for additional information.
- Refunds will be processed via the same payment method that the registrant used to originally register for the training (i.e., a credit card refund will be issued back to the original credit card used for payment, check for check payment). A check refund will be provided if a cash or money order payment has been made.
- Once a credit card refund has been processed by Maryland CEU Institute, it typically take 5 to 10 business days for the refund to appear back on the customer’s credit card.
- The processing of check refunds may take up to two weeks from the time that the refund is requested.
- Customers who receive a financial credit towards a future training may apply 100% of that credit towards another workshop and must use that financial credit within 6 months from the date it was issued.
- Workshop credits are valid towards future workshops at Maryland CEU Institute but cannot be converted to a refund once a credit has been elected.
- Should a monetary credit towards a future training go unused by the stated expiration date (6 months from date of issue), the monetary credit is forfeited by the customer.
If a grievance concerns the workshop or seminar topic, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop/seminar was offered, the Maryland CEU Institute Directors will mediate the situation in an attempt to provide a suitable solution to the problem. If the participant requests a refund of fees, they will have the option of:
- Choosing a refund of the workshop/seminar fees and receiving no continuing education credit
- Accepting the continuing education credit for the workshop/seminar with no refund of fees and the grievance will be forwarded to our agency directors for further review..
ALL REFUND REQUESTS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE WORKSHOP.
ALL OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH DO NOT FALL UNDER THESE GUIDELINES ARE HANDLED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS AT THE LIBERTY OF MARYLAND CEU INSTITUTE/OPTIMAL LIFE SOLUTIONS, LLC.
By enrolling in a CEU workshop with the Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC, all registrants are agreeing to the above Terms of Service.
Inclement Weather Policy
Maryland CEU Institute will make a determination about holding a workshop or choosing to cancel or postpone based on whether the workshop venue will be open or closed for the day. Maryland CEU Institute, however, does reserve the right to make independent decisions regarding inclement weather. A determination may need to be made on the day of the workshop, however, all registered participants will be notified by email as soon as a decision has been made. We will also make every attempt to post this information on our website when a determination has been made.
If a workshop is rescheduled due to inclement weather, the registered participants have the option to attend the workshop on the new date, receive a credit for the amount paid towards a different workshop, or receive a full refund.
We will make every effort to keep registered participants aware of the decisions that have been made and in most circumstances will use email as the main form of communication. If you have registered for a workshop and have not received our email communications please check your spam folder and then call us at 301-539-9355.
Becoming a Presenter
How can I become a presenter for Maryland CEU Institute?
If you have an idea for a 3 or 6 hour workshop please submit your information on the message form on our Contact page and a staff member will be in touch with you if we are interested in moving forward with your training.
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355