Terms of Service
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC Continuing Education Workshops
General Workshop Information
– MD CEU Institute reserves the right to change workshop locations. In the event that a location is changed, participants will be notified via email or phone no later than one week prior to the scheduled date of the workshop.
– MD CEU Institute also reserves the right to change the workshop location due to any unforeseen emergency situations, such as a power outage at the original workshop location. Participants will be notified of any change as soon as possible.
– Instructors reserve the right to dismiss participants who are disruptive, disrespectful, or otherwise unruly during a workshop. Under these circumstances, NO REFUND will be provided. The participant’s CEU Certificate will be adjusted to reflect the number of credit hours that they attended for.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Maryland CEU Institute issues Maryland Social Work Category I Continuing Education Credits and DC Social Work Credits for all workshops.
** Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners (under the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene) for continuing education credits (Category 1 CEUs). Our workshops are also approved for credit through the DC Board of Social Work. Acceptance of these credits are granted for all trainings by The Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists and Maryland Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors through the MD Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. These credits are also accepted by The Virginia Board of Social Work, the West Virginia Board of Social Work Examiners as well and other state boards. Our CEU Credit Page provides detailed information about Social Work credit acceptance for the above mental health professionals. For those individuals licensed in other states or other licensing boards, we suggest that you contact your licensing board to verify that they accept Maryland Social Work Category I Credits or DC Social Work Credits. **
– Participants are expected to arrive on time to CEU workshops to receive full credit and so as not to disturb the instructor or others attending the workshop.
– While we understand emergencies do occur, CEU certificates will be adjusted for any attendee who is more than 30 minutes late or who leaves more than 30 minutes early.
Refunds and Cancellations
Refunds will be processed using the following parameters:
Days from workshop
FULL REFUND OR Full Credit towards future training
Administrative Fee As Follows:
Full Credit towards future training
NO REFUNDS or CREDITS
– Refunds will be processed via the same payment method that the registrant used to originally register for the training (i.e., a credit card refund will be issued for credit card payment, check for check payment). A check refund will be provided if a cash or money order payment has been made.
– The processing of check refunds may take up to three weeks from the time that the refund is requested.
– Registrants who receive a financial credit towards a future training may apply 100% of that credit towards another workshop and must use that financial credit within 6 months from the date it was issued.
– MD CEU Institute reserves the right to cancel workshops that are undersubscribed. Registrants will be notified no later than one week prior to the cancelled training. Registrants of workshops cancelled by MD CEU Institute can request either a full refund or a course credit to be used within 6 months from the date of issue.
– In the event of a weather-related emergency or other exigent circumstance (e.g., building power outage), Maryland CEU Institute reserves to right to change the workshop location and/or reschedule the workshop. – – – Registrants will be notified by email immediately of any such changes.
Should a monetary credit towards a future training go unused by the stated expiration date (6 months from date of issue), the monetary credit is forfeited by the registrant.
If a grievance concerns the workshop or seminar topic, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop/seminar was offered, the Maryland CEU Institute Directors will mediate the situation in an attempt to provide a suitable solution to the problem. If the participant requests a refund of fees, they will have the option of:
– Choosing a refund of the workshop/seminar fees and receiving no continuing education credit
– Accepting the continuing education credit for the workshop/seminar with no refund of fees and the grievance will be forwarded to our agency directors for further review..
ALL REFUND REQUESTS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE WORKSHOP.
– The option to pay by check is only offered for payments received in the mail at least two weeks before the workshop date.
ALL OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH DO NOT FALL UNDER THESE GUIDELINES ARE HANDLED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS AT THE LIBERTY OF MARYLAND CEU INSTITUTE/OPTIMAL LIFE SOLUTIONS, LLC.
By enrolling in a CEU workshop with the Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC, all registrants are agreeing to the above Terms of Service.