12-Hour Supervisor Course:
Administrative & Clinical Supervision
Meets Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners 12 hour Supervisor Course Requirement!
What are the skills you need to not only become a supervisor, but to enhance and encourage your supervisees? This 2-day workshop exposes aspiring, new and experienced supervisors to critical knowledge and skills, situational scenarios, and strategies for effective administrative and clinical supervision. Participants will examine workplace culture, personal differences, ethical standards, emotional intelligence, values, theories of supervision, and strategies for developing and enhancing the supervisory relationship.
Day 1 of the training covers administrative supervision. It examines key definitions of supervision including the definition in the Maryland COMAR regulations. Participants will examine the context and various aspects of the process of supervision including setting goals and expectations. This interactive training uses role play, discussion and reflective exercises designed to enhance participants’ knowledge and skills related to administrative supervision that can be applied to a variety of settings.
Day 2 of the training covers various aspects of clinical supervision. Participants will learn about theories that influence the process of supervision. Participants will also explore the importance of values and ethical standards for effective supervision. Finally, the importance of communication, coaching and conflict resolution will be discussed. This interactive training uses role play, discussion and reflective exercises designed to enhance clinical skills that can be applied in a variety of settings.
Date: Thurs & Fri, April 28 & 29, 2022
Time: Sign-In: 8:30am EST – Workshop: 8:45am EST-4:00pm EST
Location: Online, real-time, interactive via Zoom– Attendees will receive Category 1 CEU credits for attending this interactive online training.
Cost: $299 early registration through April 15, 2022
$325 after April 15, 2022
$269 per person Group Registration for groups of 3 or more
Presenters: Pamela Love Manning, PhD., MSW, MBA & Lori James Townes, MSW
CEU Credits: 12 Category I CEUs – Workshop meets 12 hour supervisor course requirements in Maryland through the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners. See below for Credit Information
Dr. Pam Love is the owner of DP Love Enterprises LLC, a Maryland based company that offers personal/professional development training, leadership consulting, board development and coaching. In addition to studying training as part of her dissertation, she has facilitated training nationally. Pam has been an administrator of a research department and has held numerous other leadership positions. In addition to working with senior leaders and managers, Pam has worked with returning citizens and women with a sexual trauma history. Pam has taught social work, psychology and family studies courses for a number of universities in Maryland and taught in the virtual MSW program for the University of Southern California. Pam earned her MBA from Morgan State University, an MSW and PhD from the University of Maryland SSW, and a B.S. in Psychology from Coppin State College.
Ms. Lori James-Townes is the Executive Director of the National Association of Public Defense. Lori has over 25 years of clinical practice, leadership, and management experience. She is the principal owner of Expand-NOW, a consulting firm specializing in speaker, coaching, and teaching. In the past she served as the Director of Social Work, Leadership and Program Development @ Maryland Office of Public Defender (which has more than 800 employees). She has taught courses for the University of Maryland SSW). Lori earned her master’s degree in clinical social work (University of Maryland SSW) and her B.A. in Social Work from Morgan State University. She completed all coursework in the Dr.Ph Public Health at Morgan State University.
CE Credit Info
All attendees receive Maryland and DC Social Work CE credits. These credits are accepted for:
- Maryland Licensed Professional Counselors
- Maryland Social Workers
- Maryland Psychologists
- Maryland Substance Abuse Counselors
- Maryland Marriage and Family Therapists
- Maryland Residential Child Care Professionals
- DC Social Workers
- DC Licensed Professional Counselors
- Virginia Social Workers
- West Virginia Social Workers
- New Jersey Social Workers
- Alabama Social Workers
- Don't see your licensure listed here? Contact your licensing board and ask if they accept Maryland or DC Social Work approved credits. Many states automatically accept credits approved by another state licensing board.
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners (under the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene) for continuing education credits (Category 1 CE Credits). Our workshops are also approved for credit through the DC Board of Social Work. For more information please visit our FAQ page.
DAY 1 OBJECTIVES
- To understand the role and functions of supervisors as gatekeepers to the social work profession from an administrative perspective.
- To discuss the importance of clear roles and boundaries in the supervisory relationship.
- To identify strategies for effective communication and conflict resolution when diversity (i.e. generational differences, gender, culture, etc.) negatively impacts work productivity and interpersonal relationships.
- To discuss the impact of emotional intelligence on productivity, staff retention, morale, and the organizational culture and climate.
- To learn how supervision enhances the professional functioning of supervisees.
DAY 2 OBJECTIVES
- To identify a range of appropriate and evidenced based interventions.
- To explore safety issues and how to minimize risk concerns
- To be able to describe the difference between mentoring and coaching
- To establish an effective supervisor-supervisee relationship
- To learn about contracting, case review and group supervision in accordance with regulations and organizational policies.
- To be educated about liability issues and documentation.
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355