Ethics for Clinicians in a Digital Age
Technology has created opportunities for professionals to provide service in ways that we could not imagine 20 – 30 years ago. There has been significant growth in the use of electronic technologies in various aspects of social work practice. It has impacted, how we provide services, how we promote ourselves, how we promote social justice, etc. With this new digital age has come new opportunities as well as new ethical considerations. We must look at ethics with a new lens to ensure that professional social workers are equipped with ethical standards that will provide the guidance needed to practice ethically in a digital world.
During this session, we will explore ethical considerations for clinicians in a digital age.
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2020
Time: Sign-In: 1:30pm – Workshop: 2:00pm-5:00pm
Cost: $59 early registration through Sept 6
$69 after Sept 6
$52 Group Registration for groups of 3 or more
Presenter: Dawn Hobdy, LICSW
CEU Credits: 3 Ethics CEUs
Dawn Hobdy, LICSW is Director of the Office of Ethics and Professional Review at the National Association of Social Workers. Ms. Hobdy provides leadership and oversight for the overall vision and structure of the nationwide ethics and professional review program. Ms. Hobdy has 21 years of experience developing ethics courses and conducting trainings. She presents at numerous conferences annually, both nationally and internationally. Ms. Hobdy served on various task forces including the ASWB International Technology Task Force, the NASW & ASWB Technology Standards Task Force, and the NASW Code of Ethics Revisions Task Force. She currently serves as the Commissioner for the IFSW Ethics Review Committee.
CEU Credit Info
Our CEU credits are accepted for:
- Maryland Licensed Professional Counselors
- Maryland Social Workers
- Maryland Psychologists
- Maryland Substance Abuse Counselors
- Maryland Marriage and Family Therapists
- Maryland Residential Child Care Professionals
- DC Social Workers
- DC Licensed Professional Counselors
- Virginia Social Workers
- West Virginia Social Workers
- Don’t see your licensure listed here? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners (under the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene) for continuing education credits (Category 1 CEUs). Our workshops are also approved for credit through the DC Board of Social Work. For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Examine the key ethical considerations that gave rise to a technology-focused revision to the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Provide a review of updates to the Code approved by the 2017 Delegate Assembly.
- Consider implications for practice
- Respond to questions regarding the changes.
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355