Intro to LGBTQ+ Allyship in Therapy Practice:
2-Hour LGBTQ+ Training
Intro to LGBTQ+ Allyship in Therapy Practice is a 2-hour long workshop that provides participants with a basic understanding of sexual orientation and gender identity. Through this workshop, participants will learn about the lived experience of LGBTQ+ people, research-supported best practices, and how they can better support the LGBTQ+ community as an active ally.
This training meets the 2-hour LGBTQ CEU requirement for all DC Licensed Social Workers.
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2022
Time: Sign in: 9:30am EST – Workshop: 9:45am EST-12:00pm EST
Location: Online Real-Time, Live Interactive Course (via Zoom) – Meets DC LGBTQI Requirements and Maryland Category I Social Work CE Credits!
Cost: $39 early registration through April 30, 2022
$45 after April 30 , 2022
$30 per person Group Registration for groups of 3 or more
Presenter: Gregory A. Brightbill, MBA, MEd
CE Credits: 2 Maryland and DC Social Work Category 1 CE Credits – See below for more details.
**Meets DC Board of Social Work LGBTQI Course Requirements!
Gregory A. Brightbill (pronouns: he/him/they) is the owner of Bright Baltimore, LLC, a training and consulting company located in Baltimore, Maryland, specializing in LGBTQ+ advocacy and allyship. In addition to his work at Bright Baltimore, Greg works full time at the University of Maryland, Baltimore as an Associate Director in Student Affairs where he supports the educational, professional, and identity-based needs of health and human services students pursuing graduate and professional degrees. Additionally, Greg serves as the Vice-Chair of the GLSEN Maryland Board of Directors, an education and advocacy organization specializing in the needs of k-12 Queer youth in the Maryland Schools. Greg’s education includes a Bachelor of Science in psychology, a Master of Education in college student personnel administration, and a Master of Business Administration. Furthermore, Greg is currently in the candidacy phase of his Doctorate of Education in Higher Education Leadership degree while he writes his dissertation titled: A Grounded Approach Campus Climate Model for Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Students in Graduate and Professional Education.
CE Credit Info
All attendees receive Maryland and DC Social Work CE credits. These credits are accepted for:
- Maryland Licensed Professional Counselors
- Maryland Social Workers
- Maryland Psychologists
- Maryland Substance Abuse Counselors
- Maryland Marriage and Family Therapists
- Maryland Residential Child Care Professionals
- DC Social Workers
- DC Licensed Professional Counselors
- Virginia Social Workers
- West Virginia Social Workers
- New Jersey Social Workers
- Alabama Social Workers
- Don't see your licensure listed here? Contact your licensing board and ask if they accept Maryland or DC Social Work approved credits. Many states automatically accept credits approved by another state licensing board.
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners (under the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene) for continuing education credits (Category 1 CE Credits). Our workshops are also approved for credit through the DC Board of Social Work. For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Understand the basic terms included in LGBTQ+
- Be able to differentiate between gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
- Be able to understand gender-neutral language and pronouns
- Understand basic best practices for LGBTQ+ inclusion
- Gain a better understanding of the LGBTQ+ identity and experience
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355