Enhancing Your Clinical Skills with LGBTQI Clients
This training has been designed to guide you through the world of working with LGBTQI clients, with a focus on the “T”, transgender. You will learn the fundamentals, pitfalls, and importance of concepts such as the importance of language and the words we use and those that are obsolete and out dated. We will discuss the complexities of one’s sexual orientation and gender expression.
During the training we will explore biases, barriers, and societal views and how they impact practice. We will explore what to expect when having conversations with parents of transgender children and assisting and guiding transgender clients through legal/medical l issues. We will discuss the WPATH Standards of Care, Informed Consent, and ways to responsibly and effectively work with LGBTQI clients.
This training meets the 2-hour LGBTQ CEU requirement for all DC Licensed Social Workers.
Date: Saturday, May 8, 2021
Time: Sign in: 9:30am EST – Workshop: 10:00am EST-12:00pm EST
Location: Online Interactive Course – Meets DC LGBTQI Requirements and Maryland Category I Social Work CEUs!
Cost: $39 early registration through May 1, 2021
$45 after May 1, 2021
$30 Group Registration for groups of 3 or more
Presenter: Christina Law, LCSW-C
CEU Credits: 2 Maryland and DC Social Work Category 1 CEUs – See below for more details.
**Meets DC Board of Social Work LGBTQI Course Requirements!
Christina Law has worked in the mental health field for over 20 years providing services to families, individuals, and couples. An extensive portion of her service has been working with children and families in the foster care system. She has experience providing individual, family, and couples counseling to heterosexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender clients. She has worked with individuals in therapeutic residential settings and diverse populations.
Christina is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a Board Certified Sex Therapist, a member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, Entrepreneur, and Trainer on LGBTQ issues in therapy and foster care. She earned a Master’s Degree in Social Work at the University Of Maryland School Of Social Work in 2009. Christina received Board Certification in Sex Therapy through the Sex Therapy Training Institute out of Miami, Florida in 2012. She currently runs a private practice and continues to work in Child Welfare.
CEU Credit Info
All attendees receive Maryland and DC Social Work CEU credits. These credits are accepted for:
- Maryland Licensed Professional Counselors
- Maryland Social Workers
- Maryland Psychologists
- Maryland Substance Abuse Counselors
- Maryland Marriage and Family Therapists
- Maryland Residential Child Care Professionals
- DC Social Workers
- DC Licensed Professional Counselors
- Virginia Social Workers
- West Virginia Social Workers
- New Jersey Social Workers
- Alabama Social Workers
- Don't see your licensure listed here? Contact your licensing board and ask if they accept Maryland or DC Social Work approved credits. Many states automatically accept credits approved by another state licensing board.
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners (under the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene) for continuing education credits (Category 1 CEUs). Our workshops are also approved for credit through the DC Board of Social Work. For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Increased knowledge of new and evolving terminology
- Increased awareness of Standards of Care for Transgender individuals
- Increased knowledge of Informed Consent
- Improve professional practice by building empathy, awareness, knowledge, and skills
- Increase knowledge of research, statistics, and how they impact practice
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355