Trauma Informed Therapy for Mental Health Providers
Studies have found that 90% of mental health clients have experienced a traumatic event in their lives. As practitioners, we realize that providing trauma-focused treatment is an important part of our work. These days, we are inundated with a variety of competing trauma-focused treatments; it can be hard to understand which approach might be best.
In this workshop, you’ll learn about trauma and its manifestations in neurobiology, emotions and behaviors. We’ll discuss the universal mechanisms for healing trauma and touch on the different trauma treatments. In addition, we’ll review the evidence base and efficacy for each treatment, helping you decide the best fit for both you and your client.
Date: Friday, January 22, 2021
Time: Sign-In: 8:30am EST – Workshop: 9:00am EST-4:00pm EST
Location: Online, Live, Real-Time via Zoom
Cost: $149 early registration through Jan 15
$165 after Jan 15, 2021
$130 Group Registration for groups of 3 or more
Presenter: Eva Chiriboga, Psy.D.
CEU Credits: 6 CEUs – See below for credit details
Dr. Eva Chiriboga is a licensed psychology associate in Maryland and DC. She has been working with trauma since 2009, beginning with her work at Shepard Pratt Hospital on their Trauma Disorders unit. Since then, she got her Masters in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in Trauma Studies from Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia PA, and her doctoral degree from Long Island University Post, a small school in Long Island that focused on providing treatment for underserved populations. In the course of her career, Dr. Chiriboga has worked with 9/11 first responders, gang members, sexual assault and domestic violence survivors, as well as military veterans. Dr. Chiriboga’s breadth of training in trauma-focused treatment allows her to address trauma treatment from a transtheoretical perspective. She is trained in Cognitive Processing Therapy, EMDR and Prolonged Exposure, as well as psychodynamic treatments for trauma. Dr. Chiriboga is also a certified yoga teacher and has become versed in mind-body techniques for treating trauma.
Dr. Chiriboga is the owner of Sanctuary at the Spring, and an affiliate of Aha! Wellness, a holistic multidisciplinary healing center.
CEU Credit Info
Our CEU credits are accepted for:
- Maryland Licensed Professional Counselors
- Maryland Social Workers
- Maryland Psychologists
- Maryland Substance Abuse Counselors
- Maryland Marriage and Family Therapists
- Maryland Residential Child Care Professionals
- DC Social Workers
- DC Licensed Professional Counselors
- Virginia Social Workers
- West Virginia Social Workers
- Don’t see your licensure listed here? Email us at email@example.com
Maryland CEU Institute/Optimal Life Solutions, LLC is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners (under the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene) for continuing education credits (Category 1 CEUs). Our workshops are also approved for credit through the DC Board of Social Work. For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Understand DSM-5 Classification of Trauma & Stressor-related disorders, including definition of a trauma and 5 clusters of PTSD• Understand DSM-5 Classification of Trauma & Stressor-related disorders, including definition of a trauma and 5 clusters of PTSD
- Explain the neurobiology of trauma and PTSD, as well as emotional and behavioral sequelae
- Understand a transtheorectical perspective of trauma-focused treatment
- Explain the universal mechanisms that treat PTSD
- Identify various treatment modalities for trauma treatment with a review of the evidence base for each. (ie Cognitive Processing Therapy, Prolonged Exposure, Somatic Experiencing, Polyvagal Theory, IFS, EMDR, etc.)
News & Events
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and get a coupon for 10% off a one day workshop or $20 off a 2-day workshop!
(301) 539 9355